Accessability Guide for Workshop Cottage, Blakeney
At Workshop Cottage we want to make everyone’s stay as enjoyable as possible, and are committed to providing suitable access for all our guests, whatever their individual needs. We aim to accurately describe our facilities and services to give you the confidence to book based upon your specific requirements.
At a Glance
- The main entrance has level access
- There is level access from the main entrance to:
- Bedroom: Main Bedroom
- Shower Room
Access With Steps
- Ensuite bathroom step up from main bedroom
- There are steps from the secondary entrance to the Patio / BBQ area
- Pillows and duvets are feather however non-allergic bedding is also available.
Level Access Bedrooms
- The route to the bedroom is 730mm wide, or more.
- The bedroom door is 730mm wide, or more.
- There is unobstructed floor space 1300mm by 2000mm, or more.
- There is level access to the shower room off the kitchen
- The shower tray is 180mm above floor level
- The door to the shower room is 630mm wide
- The pedestal basin in the shower room is 840mm high
- The direction of transfer onto the toilet is to the side and front. There is 240mmmm in front of the toilet and 800mm minimum to the side. The toilet seat is 440mm high.
- The TV has subtitles
- Workshop Cottage (℅ Pitching Green Cottage), Pitching Green, Blakeney, Gloucestershire, GL15 4DQ, UK
Travel by Public Transport
- You can get to Workshop Cottage by bus and train, however a car is recommended due to its rural location.
- The nearest bus stop is in Blakeney. The bus stop is 1.0 miles from Workshop Cottage.
- The nearest train station is Lydney. The train station is 5.4 miles from Workshop Cottage.
Travel by Taxi
- You can get a taxi with Abbey Taxis by calling 01594 528181
- You can get a taxi with Andy Cars, Gloucester by calling 0800 9177945. The taxi company has a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- We have a car park. There are 2 accessible parking spaces. The parking is less than 20 metres from the main entrance. Parking is free.
- From the car park to the holiday cottage entrance, there is a steep driveway down to the cottage.
Path to main entrance
- From the street /parking area to the main entrance, there is a steep driveway down to Workshop Cottage.
- The path is 1000mm wide, or more.
- The path is sloped.
- The main entrance has level access.
- The main door is side hung and manual.
- The door is 695mm wide.
- When you arrive, we can help carry your luggage.
Getting Around Inside
Accessible King Size Bedroom
- The bedroom has windows.
- The bedroom has a ceiling light, bedside lamps and natural daylight.
- All rooms are non-smoking.
- We have non-allergic bedding.
- The bedroom door is 860mm wide. There is 470mm at the side of the bed. The bed is 520mm high. There is 250mm under the bed.
- The bedroom has one bed which is king size. The bathroom is an ensuite.
- The bathroom door is 660mm wide.
- The bathroom has a bath with an overhead shower. The shower has a handrail. The direction of transfer onto the toilet is to the front only. There is 800mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 440mm high.
- The basin is 820mm high and is a pedestal basin with mixer tap
- The bath edge is 600mm from the floor.
Self catering kitchen
- We have an open plan kitchen.
- From the main entrance to the kitchen, there is level access.
- The route is 900mm wide, or more.
- The work surface is available at a height of 900mm.
- The hob is available at a height of 900mm.
- The sink is available a height of 900mm.
- The oven is available at a height between 350mm and 900mm.
- From the main entrance to the lounge, there is level access. The patio door is 695mm wide and with both open provide an opening of 1460mm wide.
- The lounge area is open plan with a dining area leading on to the kitchen.
- There is a sofa bed, seat 430mm from floor.
Getting Around Outside
- From the main entrance to the gardens, there is a step and a steep driveway down towards the private patio area and communal gardens. From the rear door there are 3 steps that lead directly onto the private patio area. There is no lift and no ramp.
Customer Care Support
- No accessibility equipment is available on site
Emergency evacuation procedures
- We have emergency evacuation procedures for disabled visitors.
Customer care support
- We have information in large print .
- Owners are onsite and available 24 hours a day.
- Guest information file in cottage give details of local services and emergency procedures.
- Mobile phone reception is variable depending on your network. Owners will offer emergency phone usage to occupants unable to receive mobile reception.
Accessability guide last updated: 14 February 2019